Ordinances & Documents
Ordinances and documents are available in PDF format. To download an ordinance, click the corresponding ordinance number.
- Unnumbered - Residential Rental Property Registration
- Unnumbered - Nuisance Ordinance Complaint
- Unnumbered - Realty Transfer Tax
- Unnumbered - Verification
- Unnumbered - Zoning Ordinance
- 00-1 - Amendment to Zoning Ordinance
- 00-2 - Supervisors' Compensation
- 2-00 - Building Permits for Construction
- 6-02 - Minicipal Authority Bylaws
- 12-02 - Fixed Tax Rate for 2012
- 11-2002 - Membership to COG
- 12-2002 - Uniformed and Nonuniformed Pension Plans
- 13-2002 - Retirement Plan Establishment
- 12-03 - Water Line Ordinance
- 12-08 - Eliminating Per Capita Tax
- 12-08 - Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2009
- 4-10 - Construction and Reconstruction of Driveways
- 9-10 - UCC Participation in Armstrong County Group
- 12-10 - Tax Rate for Fiscal Year 2011
- 3-11 - South Buffalo Fire Hall Special Liquor License
- 3-11 - Cadogan Field and Stream Club Special Liquor License
- 4-11 - South Buffalo Fire Department Designation ordinance
- 6-11 - Enacting Real Estate Transfer Tax
- 11-11 - LST Changes
- 1-14 - Nuisance Ordinance
- 4-14 - Street Construction Standards
- 4-16 - 911 Addressing
- 5-16 - Northpointe LERTA Ordinance
- 6-16 - Residential Rental Property Ordinance
- 11-16 - PA Dog Law Enforcement
- 8-17 - Enforcement of Ordinances by Police Department
- 7-21 - Consolidated Cable Franchise Ordinance
- 3-30 - Weight Limits on Certain Roads Ordinance
- 1-1998 - Per Capita Ordinance
- 12-98 - Keystone Opportunity Zone Ordinance
- 01-99 - Washington Ave. Deed of Dedication to Buffalo, Buffalo Municipal and Diocese of Greensburg
- 02-99 - Vacating Portion of Boyd Road
- 2001-1 - Membership to COG
Did You Know?
All logging projects need to go through the zoning officer, Vince Venturino at 724-882-0536. Nothing can be done unless the zoning officer reviews it first.
The Township is NOT responsible for damage to mailboxes caused by snowplows since mailboxes are erected on the right-of-way at the property owner's risk. To avoid problems the supervisors suggest that mailboxes be placed as far from the right-of-way as possible while still permitting access by mail carriers, and mailboxes should be placed on a firm support.
Any property owner could face a $300 fine if they dump snow from their driveway onto any recently plowed road.
Before removing a mobile home from the Township, a permit must be obtained from the Zoning Officer.
No building/structure, including a mobile home on its own lot, shall be erected, moved, enlarged, or structurally altered unless a building permit has been issued by the Zoning Officer.
**If you have Rental Property, you must by Ordinance, register your tenants with the Township Secretary every year or as the rental status changes. The full ordinance can be viewed on this page.**
Township - 5.7 mills
School - 49 mills
County - 7 mills
+ 2.25 mills for debt
Earned Income tax - 1%
Realty Transfer Tax - 0.5%
Local Service Tax - $52/yr